As promised in our previous article, this wekend we released a brand new tool. Actually it is our biggest project ever.
Here follows a short description about PhrozenSoft VirusTotal Uploader
PhrozenSoft VirusTotal Uploader is an easy and powerful solution to upload any suspicious file to the official VirusTotal website, and receive the results in real time.
VirusTotal is a free service which allows you to scan files using most of the well-known antivirus programs and, because it scans a file simultaneously, it is also called a Multi-Engined Virus Scanner.
Not all malware can be detected by any antivirus program because malware is ever evolving. When you download a file or files and your antivirus program tells you that is isn’t infected with malware, you might want a second opinion.
On the other hand, your antivirus programs can deem a downloaded file suspicious but you might think it to be a so-called false positive. VirusTotal is the solution to all your worries because it will inform you that a suspicious file is infected or not. Or that a possible detection was simply a false positive.
As VirusTotal is owned by Google, we would like to take the opportunity to thank Google for keeping a such amazing service free. Please note that this software will never replace a real up-to-date antivirus program — It is only another layer of security to protect you and your computer even better against malware, like viruses because it can remove some doubt you might have when you have downloaded a file that you think is suspicious.
Here are some features included in the program.
- Load and Upload — Load one or multiple files from your drive;
- Process Explorer — Submit one or multiple files from current running process;
- Startup Explorer — Submit one or multiple files from Windows Application Startup;
- Services Explorer — Submit one or multiple files from Windows Services;
- Active Connections — Submit one or multiple files from current process which are connected to the internet;
- Download and Submit — Download securely a file from a given URL and submit it to VirusTotal;
- Secure Connections — The Uploader connects to VirusTotal using a secure protocol HTTPS (SSL);
- Drag and Drop Files — We support files Drag ‘n’ Drop. Just select a bunch files and drop to the upload list to submit them to VirusTotal;
- Use last Windows API — To improve the user-friendlyness of the program, we use the latest graphical Windows API (7 & 8), if available;
- Support connect through Proxy — If you are in a company, you are probably behind a Proxy. You can configure the program to connect through this proxy with authentication if you need to;
- Fully support 32 and 64bit arch — As today recent computers comes mostly in 64bit architecture, we fully support both 32 and 64bit systems;
- Submit through Explorer — If you see a suspicious file on your desktop, just right click on it and click “Send to VirusTotal”.
- Asynchronous scan — The application is multi-threaded which means you can do a lot of things at the same time without freezing the application. You can upload or scan multiple files at the same time, view reports, etc.
Some pictures about the software.
Finally you can download this free application from our official website
Note: for support, bug reports and suggestions, please refer to our Forum.